Research Associate – Chemist
Iogen Corporation has an entry level opening for a recent M.Sc. Chemistry graduate. In this role, you will be carrying out research in the field of lignin valorization, with the goal of increasing the cost efficiency of our processes. You will be responsible for executing bench scale experiments, data analysis and presentation of your results. This is a full-time laboratory-based position located in Ottawa.
• Conduct and troubleshoot laboratory experiments, primarily working with lignocellulosic materials
• Perform routine and non-routine quantitative analyses using a variety of analytical instruments and laboratory assays
• Critically analyze data and report results to the research team
• Maintain laboratory equipment and supplies
• Review literature on relevant topics and suggest possible approaches and analytical techniques related to the project goals
Experience & Qualifications:
• M.Sc. in Chemistry or B.Sc. with 2-4 years relevant experience in a chemistry role.
• Laboratory experience operating and maintaining analytical and spectroscopic equipment such as HPLC, FTIR and EA
• Strong problem-solving skills and aptitude for analytical analysis
• Experience in physical and analytical chemistry
• Hands-on experience with small pilot equipment (Parr reactors) would be an asset
This is an Ottawa based role and this position is required to work on site.
• Comprehensive Benefit plan
• GRSP/DPSP matching program
• Life insurance
• EAP (employee assistance plan)
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
or hit the Green APPLY tab on this page.
We thank all those interested in the position however only those applicants who have been shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
Iogen Corporation is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview
Your application was submitted successfully.